Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quit Jumping on the Bandwagon!

I'm sitting here in my cold apartment thinking about life and girls and all of that Jazz when I came across a few times something that made me quite angry. I'm sure you are seeing this now as well. The travesty that occurred in Haiti happened almost ages ago. People who truly cared immediately showed compassion and support because it was the noble and right thing to do. When I get on Facebook, or see any individual stating that they just now feel sorry for the victims of Haiti, or that I should take action, I feel as if those words are more of an insult to the numerous lives lost. People who are just now supporting the people of Haiti are jumping on the bandwagon because it is the "cool" thing to do. If you believe that it is "cool" to support Haiti because everyone else is doing it, then you as an individual need to seriously look at yourself and examine why you need to conform so much to the people around you. Don't try to make yourself look cooler based on a travesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment